DENVER, December 21, 2015 – Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation today announced the launch of the new THETA+ Video application, for easy editing of 360° video, which has been captured using the Ricoh Theta camera.
THETA+ Video makes editing 360° video and time-lapse footage easy, enabling users to trim video length, choose from four different view formats and 10 different filters. THETA+ Video also allows the user to add music to their video, with the option to select a track from their personal music library or choose one of eight original music tracks available in the app. 360° and time-lapse video can be shared directly from THETA+ Video to social networks like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
In addition, THETA+, Ricoh’s current app for editing 360° spherical images, has a host of new features including: five additional filters, image cropping and trimming capabilities, and the ability to post time-lapse videos created with a Theta camera directly to Facebook.
“Our Theta S camera was very well received earlier this year when we announced it, and we’re excited to extend editing capabilities to 360° videos with the new THETA+ Video app,” said Jim Malcolm, president, Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation. “With the growing number of platforms supporting 360° video, we’re giving Ricoh Theta users the tools they want and need to edit and present their videos on their social platforms in a very personalized way.”
THETA+ Video and THETA+ are both available for free download from the Apple App Store today. An Android version of the app will be available in 2016.
Main Features of THETA+ Video for iPhone app:
- 10 filters to adjust color and tone of video files
- Four different video view formats including little planet, which reproduces videos as small planet shapes floating in space
- Music can be easily added to video using any of eight original music tracks in the THETA+ Video app, or even songs from your personal library
- A silent option is available to post video with no sound
- Trimming feature divides video to desired lengths
- Share edited video directly to social networks including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Compatible with iPhone5S/iPhone6/iPhone6Plus/iPhone6S
Upgraded Features of THETA+ app:
- Five new filters to change the color and tone of still images (10 filters total)
- Non-fixed aspect ratio allows cropping and trimming of images
- Blurred backgrounds can be added in Mirror Ball and Equirectangular view modes
- When creating a time-lapse video, the frames per second are displayed so values can be checked while editing
- Post time-lapse videos directly to Facebook
- Edit time-lapse videos in the new THETA+ Video app
For more information, visit www.ricohimaging.com.