Monday, July 9, 2012
Nik Software Releases HDR Efex Pro 2
New version offers improved interface and performance
"With HDR Efex Pro 2 we set out to advance photography by offering a wider range of possibilities for HDR photography while increasing both speed and quality." said Michael J. Slater, President and CEO of Nik Software. "Over 400 professional photographers from our beta group play an important part in our development process and ensure that we deliver quality and performance that professionals expect."
"HDR Efex Pro 2 is a giant leap forward in HDR image editing software that makes life easier for professional photographers." said Rien Van Rijthoven, award-winning architectural photographer. "I can create photographs even with the difficult lighting situations that I encounter on a regular basis all without compromising my vision or the high level of quality my clients demand."
Key New Features
• NEW: Improved Tone Mapping Engine — Develop superior results with better color rendering and improved natural styles
• UPDATED: Interface, Interaction, and Workflow — Benefit from improvements to the merging interface, tone mapping and enhancement controls, visual presets, and more
• NEW: Depth Control — Enjoy added depth and realism in images with the new and proprietary Depth control, which helps counteract the flattened look commonly associated with HDR images
• NEW: Full GPU Processing and Multi-Core Optimization — Gain even faster performance with GPU processing that takes full advantage of the processors found on modern display adapters
• UPDATED: Ghost Reduction — Improved ghost reduction algorithm ensures that artifacts created by moving objects are removed with a single click
• NEW: Chromatic Aberration Reduction — Reduce color fringes around objects
• NEW: Graduated Neutral Density Control — Access the full 32-bit depth of the merged image, providing a natural effect especially on images with a strong horizon line
Page 1 of 2