Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Incorporates weather-resistant features
** Under testing conditions prescribed by PENTAX, using the D-LI109 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery with no flash discharges.
Additional features include:
• Large, wide angle viewable 3-inch LCD monitor with approximately 921,000 dots of resolution
• 77 segment multi-pattern metering system for accurate light measurement
• DR (Dust Removal) mechanism to shake dust off from the surface of the CMOS image sensor
• PENTAX-designed Hyper control system to assure fast and flexible response to the photographer's creative intentions
• Dynamic range expansion function to compensate for blown out (overexposed) and muddy (underexposed) areas of an image
• Retrieve and save RAW data from buffer memory for a just-recorded JPEG image
• RAW/Fx multi-function button for on-the-fly switching of image file formats, as well as for assignment and instant recall of other specific functions
• SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 for PENTAX (RAW processing engine developed by Ichikawa Soft Laboratory) included
Pricing and Availability
The new PENTAX K-30 will be available at retail outlets nationwide and online in July 2012 with a suggested retail price of $849.95 for body only, and $899.95 for the kit including the DA L 18-55mm zoom lens.
PENTAX is a leader in the production of a variety of adventure ready digital cameras including weather-resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For more than 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of adventurous consumers and businesses. With new headquarters in Denver, Colorado, PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is a subsidiary of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. effective October 1, 2011. Additional details may be found here: www.pentaximaging.com/news