Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tamron Developing 90mm Macro
SP 90mm F/2.8 Di VC USD for Canon, Nikon and Sony mounts
• Tamron has updated their legendary 90mm Macro lens with a new, state-of-the-art optical design. The lens, reborn for the age of digital photography, offers VC (Vibration Compensation) and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive).
• Adopting a state-of-the-art optical design and a rounded diaphragm, this lens carries on the long tradition of Tamron's 90mm Macro lens in delivering spectacular blur effects. Two XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glasses and one LD (Low Dispersion) element reduce chromatic aberrations, yielding sharp images and outstanding resolution.
• Tamron's newly developed eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating delivers a dramatic improvement in antireflection performance-significantly reducing flare and ghosting for clearer, crisper images.
• The VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization mechanism reduces camera shake to deliver sharp images.
• Features USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) to power a speedy AF drive together with a continuous manual focus mechanism.
• Incorporates IF (Internal Focus) system, which focuses by moving only the internal lens group, rather than the front lens elements. The overall length of the lens therefore does not change when focusing, thus ensuring a broad working distance.
• Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
Notice of Classification Code Change for Nikon Mounts
Since the introduction by Tamron of the first Nikon mount lens featuring an internal AF motor, the 28-300mm Di VC (Model A20), all Nikon mount lenses with the internal AF motor had used the classification code "N II." Lenses using a coupler system without an internal AF motor were designated as "N." Because future Nikon lenses will have the internal AF motor as a standard feature, Tamron has decided to simplify the designation and consolidate all Nikon mount lenses as "N," eliminating the "N II" designation for future models. This classification code change was made effective with the 18-270mm Di II VC PZD (Model B008).
The "N" classification lenses with coupler systems (no internal AF motor) are: SP 200-500mm Di (Model A08); and SP 180mm F/3.5 Di (Model B01).
Page 1 of 2