This sweepstakes is now over. Thanks for participating!
Compared to the flat surface of film, digital sensors have depth. Picture a grid of millions of tiny buckets, and you have the picture. That’s a challenge for lens designers: It’s especially important that light hits the sensor as close to perpendicular as possible. Lenses designed for digital do just that.
Tamron’s Di (Digitally Integrated) and Di II series lenses are engineered to deliver light optimized for digital sensors. Di series lenses can be used with both full-frame digital SLRs, and smaller-format sensors, with an image circle sized for full-frame. Di II series lenses deliver an image circle sized properly for smaller, APS-sized sensors.
Whichever format you prefer, Tamron offers a variety of high performance optics, including the world’s longest 15x range zoom, wide-angle zooms for small sensors, and fast aperture models for sports, portraiture and scenics.
The world’s longest range zoom with
AF18-270mm ƒ/3.5-6.3 Di II VC (Vibration Compensation) LD Aspherical (IF) Macro
- Ultimate all-in-one zoom: longest, steadiest lens on earth.
- Contains Tamron’s Vibration Compensation System allowing for blur-stopping power with no annoying motion delay in your viewfinder.
- 15x zoom ratio – the world’s largest.
- The lens covers an angle of view equivalent to that of a 28mm wide-angle to a 419mm ultra-telephoto with just one lens.
- Allows users to capture once-in-a-lifetime images of panoramic landscapes or close-up pictures of children smiling, without having to get too close to the subject and without having to change lenses.
Try out the lens in the online simulator!
Wide-angle range for small-format sensors
SP AF10-24mm ƒ/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD Aspherical [IF]
This exciting resource provides you with constantly updated how-to information on a number of subject areas, each chock-full of concise, authoritative advice, shooting tips, tech data and outstanding images. Click on one of the photo icons below to learn more!
Fast aperture tele zoom for sports and sceni
AF70-200mm ƒ/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro
- The new SP AF70-200mm ƒ/2.8 zoom lens is packed with features that allow stress-free photography: a versatile MFD of just 37.4 inchesover the entire zoom range; best-in-class maximum macro magnification ratio of 1:3.1 at ƒ=200mm; and an advantageous internal focusing (IF) system.
- The new tele-zoom lens covers a desirable focal-length range of 70mm medium telephoto to 200mm telephoto when mounted on full-size-format SLR cameras and a focal-length range from 109mm to 310mm ultra-telephoto when mounted on a D-SLR camera with an APS-C-sized imager.
Try out the lens in the online simulator!
Perfect portraits with fast aperture depth-of-field
SP AF90mm ƒ/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro[IF]
- Tamron’s world-renowned 90mm macro has evolved even further by incorporating Tamron’s “Di” (Digitally Integrated) optical design, making it ideal for use with both digital and film cameras.
- While inheriting the same optical configuration of the previous model, the “Di” version features a new optical design applied to its coated surfaces.
- The lens is recommended as an easy-to-use portrait macro lens for use with a film camera, and as a convenient telephoto macro on APS-C-sized digital cameras, since it provides a full-sized equivalent angle of view of 140mm.
Tamron asked professional photographers to share links to their learning materials on their sites. Whether it be a DVD, video, book or possibly a workshop that you are interested in, all you have to do is click on the links for more information. Click here to visit!
Receive Tamron’s ViewFinder eNewsletter 4 times per year. Delivered as a link to an easy-to-read PDF file, ViewFinder packs inspiration and how-to for beginners and enthusiasts alike in its 19 pages of full color editorial content. Don’t miss a single issue! Sign-up now.
Visit Tamron’s online photo gallery and see what other people are creating with their Tamron lenses. The categories include: portraiture, wedding, macro, travel/vacation, artistic/fine art and family. Be inspired!
While you’re at it, check out Tamron’s photo contests and submit your photos. The 2009 theme is Americana.
– Buyer’s Guide 2009: Lenses
– Tamron Announces the AF18-270MM Di II VC Ultra High Power Zoom Lens
– Tamron Announces New Educational Purchase Rebate Program for Students
– Tamron Announces New 10-24mm Lenst
– Equipment Test Drive: Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Zoom
– Tamron Hands-On
– Tamron Launches AF18-250mm Di II With Built-In Motor For Nikon Mount
– Tamron Develops SP AF60mm f/2.0 Di II Macro 1:1
Tamron is committed to cultivating optical technology. It is a global manufacturer that contributes to society by bringing superior products to a variety of industrial fields. While continuing to contribute to Japan’s technological advancement, Tamron will remain a pioneer of the world’s optical field, delivering every kind of quality optical equipment to industries and consumers. Learn more about Tamron.
FOR OFFICIAL RULES, CLICK HERE