Thursday, June 28, 2007
Use this powerful tool to affect precise areas of your image smoothly
Using these tools and strategies, few contours will elude your definition. You'll be able to define complex contours efficiently and precisely.
1) The Magic Wand tool makes quick work of simple selections.
2) The Magnetic Lasso tool can be used to define slightly more challenging contours.
3) Color Range is excellent at isolating specific hues, but selections made with it typically require additional contrast and/or manual refinement to eliminate shades of gray.
4) A contrast mask can be that basis for a contour mask.
5) The contrast mask with accentuated contrast.
6) The final mask with unwanted values brushed away.
7) The filter Maximum expands a contour.
8) The filter Minimum contracts a contour.
9) The filter Gaussian Blur softens a contour.
10) Once blurred, a contour can be repositioned and/or hardened using Curves.
Page 3 of 3