The World’s Lightest, Smallest 15x Zoom, with Tamron’s First Standing-Wave Ultrasonic Motor System for SLR Lenses and PZD (PIEZO Drive)!
The acclaimed Tamron 18-270mm VC ultra zoom is the lens without limitations. It’s ready for anything from dynamic wide-angle landscapes to telephoto action. Designed for APS-C-format DSLRs, the lens has reached an astonishing new level of compactness, performance and speed with the addition of PZD (PIEZO Drive), an innovative ultrasonic autofocus motor based on an advanced piezoelectric design. The result is a lens that’s considerably lighter, noticeably shorter and with a much slimmer profile than any previous lens in its class, and provides faster, quieter auto focusing.
Signature features that have made this amazingly versatile lens the world standard in its class have been retained. They include a 28-419mm equivalent (15X) zoom range, an improved, lightweight, compact Vibration Compensation (VC) system, macro focusing to 19.3 inches throughout and, of course, superlative imaging performance.
The world’s lightest, smallest 15X all-in-one zoom with PZD motor and VC anti-shake 18-270mm Di II VC PZD
- Ultimate all-in-one zoom: longest, steadiest lens on earth
- New PZD AF system provides fast and quiet autofocus
- Contains Tamron’s Vibration Compensation System allowing for blur-stopping power with no annoying motion delay in your viewfinder
- 15x zoom ratio – the world’s largest
- The lens covers an angle of view equivalent to that of a 28mm wide-angle to a 419mm ultra-telephoto with just one lens
- Allows users to capture once-in-a-lifetime images of panoramic landscapes or close-up pictures of children smiling, without having to get too close to the subject and without having to change lenses
An Extra Low Dispersion lens made from high-grade materials delivers best-in-class resolution. Tamron’s own Ultrasonic Silent Drive and Vibration Compensation make the lens fast, quiet and easy to use.
SP AF70-300mm Di VC USD
- New optical system optimized for digital cameras achieves top resolution in the 70-300mm class with specialized glass elements including an XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) lens element
- Fast focusing with USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), Tamron’s ultrasonic autofocus drive
- Equipped with Tamron’s VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization
- Full-time manual focus at your fingertips
- Better balance and consistent length with internal focusing
- Enjoyable photography for a wide range of enthusiasts, from those using traditional film cameras, to digital SLRs with full-frame or APS-C-sized sensors
- Uncompromising countermeasures to reduce ghosting and flare
Try out “VC” in the online simulator!
Attention to Tamron Users Only!
Now you have a chance to create a 3D virtual exhibit on MyPhotoExhibits featuring 8 to 14 of your best shots that depict winter taken with Tamron lenses. The winning exhibit will be chosen by professional photographer and instructor Andre Costantini, based on the overall image quality and originality of the collection, and will be featured in Tamron’s newsletter and website. The winner will also receive one of five Tamron lenses. Entry deadline is April 30, 2012. Click to enter now.
Wide-angle range for small-format sensors
SP AF10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical [IF]
- Specifically designed for exclusive use on digital cameras with smaller-sized imagers
- This ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for digital SLR cameras, with the first-ever focal length range of 10-24mm—the 35mm equivalent of 16mm ultra wide-angle to 37mm semi-wide-angle—is a perfect tool for creating dramatic landscape, cityscape and seascape imagery
Tamron Blog: Angle of View
Follow Tamron’s Angle of View Blog and learn photo lessons from professionals and the Tamron technical team. Click here to subscribe.
Explore the Resource Center!
Tamron asked professional photographers to share links to their learning materials on their sites. Whether it be a DVD, video, book or possibly a workshop that you are interested in, all you have to do is click on the links for more information. Click here to visit!
Watch Tamron Vids Channel
Philip & Patricia travel to Santa Fe, N.M., with their new Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD all-in-one zoom and get great shots. Click here to watch their overall experience.
Sign up for the Tamron eNewsletter!
Receive Tamron’s electronic newsletter monthly along with eblasts about new lenses, promotions and events that may be coming to your area. Tamron’s newsletter packs inspiration and how-to tips for beginners and enthusiasts alike. Don’t miss a single issue. Sign up now.
Need Some Inspiration?
Visit Tamron’s MyPhotoExhibits online 3D photo gallery and create your very own virtual 3D photography exhibits in a personalized Soho-style exhibit space and share them with your friends, or the world! Membership is free, so sign up now, and start showcasing those beautiful photographs of yours. Be Inspired !
Learn more about the Tamron lenses!
Explore the articles below for reviews and tips
– Buyer’s Guide 2012: Lenses
– Tamron Announces the AF18-270MM Di II VC Ultra High Power Zoom Lens
– In Focus: December 2011
– 2011 Editors’ Choice Awards
– In Focus: January/February 2011
– Tamron debuts SP 70-300mm lens
– Tamron Educational Video Series
Tamron is committed to cultivating optical technology. It’s a global manufacturer that contributes to society by bringing superior products to a variety of industrial fields. While continuing to contribute to Japan’s technological advancement, Tamron will remain a pioneer of the world’s optical field, delivering every kind of quality optical equipment to industries and consumers. Learn more about Tamron.
FOR OFFICIAL RULES, CLICK HERE.