Photographer: Patrizia Burra
With this image, I wanted to create a portrait of evanescent atmosphere. The purpose of this study was to infuse a contemporary choreography with an ancient one. In fact, the model does not have the appearance of a modern woman, but a figure reminiscent of a distant era. But the tattoo brings you back to the present,...
Photographer: Roberto Soares-Gomes
This photo was taken in June 2005. I photographed my daughter Carla with Negueti, her boyfriend at the time, who was an employee of Image Nation, a Photo Stock Agency I own.
Canon EOS 20D, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Brancolor Impact flash, Photoshop 5.1 1/250 sec., f/20, 200mm, ISO 100
Read More →
Photographer: John Wheatley
This photo is my attempt to visually communicate the psychological experience of living as a closeted transgender individual. It depicts the sometimes overwhelming feelings of shame, ugliness, self-loathing, sadness and isolation. This was a project that I had thought about doing for a long time, but the idea for the shot...
Photographer: Hildebrando Acosta
I want to do an exhibition here in London in conjunction with the office of The Mayor of London, so I used as subjects the bus drivers of the route 11 in London. The exhibition has not happened but hopefully it will happen one day. The gentleman in that picture is called Mark. He is lovely person, very chatty and always...
Photographer: Ravindra Tanwar
There’s still a need of food, education and shelter with daily necessity …. Nomads life in Kashmir still leads to lot of difficulties. Population of Gujjars and Bakerwals in Jammu and Kashmir are living below poverty line (BPL) and do not get even sufficient food. The survey says that the Gujjars of the Himalayan...
Photographer: Javan Ng
This photograph was taken at a recent photo shoot in New York City with male model, Stephan Mac Guire, from Paraguay. While waiting for Stephan to be ready, I saw his facial expression when the makeup artists worked on him. They were brushing, painting and wiping his face, and he just sat there patiently. I wanted to capture...
Photographer: Laura Bello
The image titled "Rylie" is part of an ongoing body of portrait work centered on clean, concept-free shots of models similar to test shots or headshots. Much of my other work is more of an editorial style or more creative beauty. When I work with someone for the first time, I like to shoot something simple to get...
Photographer: Alex Skoczen
This photo was take on 9/24/15 at 7:02 a.m. in Monterey, California, at Fishermen’s Wharf Dock, which is almost a half-mile long. I had been watching this lonely, elderly man fish for the last three mornings and finally got up enough nerve to ask if I could photograph him while he was fishing. All I really know about...
Photographer: Jamie Brancoccio
Now that cell phones have become ubiquitous, basically everyone has a camera with them at all times. Despite this, I feel that most people who are not used to being in front of a camera still feel either apprehensive or compelled to pose in some way. Therefore, it’s the honest moment that tends to elude us.
Photographer: Tim Engle
Sacramento native Tim Engle cultivated a passion for photography in his early teens and has since successfully turned that love into a full time career. Flowing seamlessly between portraits, fashion, avant-garde, and commercial photography, KVIE PBS selected him as one of California’s Master Photographers in 2011.
Photographer: Susan Eckert
Susan sketched and painted all her life. But it wasn’t until she picked up a camera in earnest that Susan found her ideal vehicle for expression. Her multiracial, multiethnic background taught her to feel comfortable crossing lines, living outside of standard checkboxes. Susan has discovered that marrying old world...
Photographer: Andy Goodwin
In business for 25 years and largely self taught, I shoot about 75% on location and rent studio space for the other 25%. My clients are mostly ad agencies, but I also shoot for design firms and a small list of magazines where I can stretch my creativity a bit more. I’m always working on personal projects and update...