LAS VEGAS (West Coast Art and Frame, Booth #115) – Jan. 25, 2016 – Epson today redefined the fine art reproduction space with the introduction of a no-compromise printer engineered for true high-production of virtually any photographic imaging application – the new 64-inch SureColor® P20000 printer. Successor to the renowned Epson Stylus® Pro 11880, the SureColor P20000 leverages an enhanced PrecisionCore® MicroTFP® print head, newly developed media feeding system, and reformulated Epson UltraChrome® PRO nine-color pigment ink system featuring four-level gray technology to provide unmatched print quality and unparalleled production speeds for professional photographers, fine art reproduction and display graphics printers.
“Epson is focused on creating printing solutions that provide the quality, performance and reliability that our customers have grown to expect,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Epson Professional Imaging, Epson America. “The SureColor P20000 is designed to do just that and pushes the boundaries of previous fine art and photographic printing capabilities with advanced print head technology and all-new ink technology designed to output exceptional image quality at incredibly fast speeds, while keeping operation costs and overhead at a minimum.”
The SureColor P20000 features an all-new, high-performance 10-channel PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head to deliver output up to 2.8-times faster than previous Epson models for true production-level printing without sacrificing print quality. The PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head measures 2.64-inches and is capable of printing at extremely high resolutions up to 2,400 x 1,200 dpi. Combined with the new Epson UltraChrome PRO nine-color pigment ink system, the SureColor P20000 provides outstanding color and black density. Epson UltraChrome PRO is the first pigment ink set to feature four-levels of gray ink technology, including Gray, Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black pigments to provide seamless transitions with less visible noise and reduced bronzing for superior grayscale output. In addition, the SureColor P20000 utilizes improved Resin Encapsulation Technology for output with superior gloss uniformity, and exceptional overall contrast ratio and clarity.
The SureColor P20000 high-production printer introduces several new features, including:
- Epson PrecisionCore MicroTFP Print Head Technology: Ten-channel print head offers high-performance and consistency to deliver high-production, high-quality output. Supports variable size ink droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters for remarkable print quality. New enhancements include Nozzle Verification Technology and automatic nozzle cleaning without the use of additional media.
- Epson UltraChrome PRO Inks: UltraChrome PRO inks utilize the first four-level gray ink technology to produce outstanding grayscale prints. New Yellow pigment formulation for up to twice the overall print permanence and longevity when compared with previous generation ink set. Individual ink cartridges up to 700 ml enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability. The SureColor P20000 is designed exclusively for use with Epson ink cartridges.
- Advanced Black and White Printing Technology: Utilizes a four-level black system to optimize black and white print quality and a unique screening algorithm for producing professional black and white prints. Dedicated Photo Black and Matte Black channels support automatic real-time black Ink type switching.
- New Advanced Media Feeding System: Featuring all-new CMOS sensors, the SureColor P20000 captures photographs from the back side of the media in real-time and incorporates a pattern recognition algorithm to ensure accurate and precise media placement. In addition, new inductive rollers automatically load cut sheet media without a skew and protect media from scratches throughout the printing process.
- Advanced Cut Sheet Media Handling: Ideal for softer fine art papers, such as the Epson Legacy Paper line, the SureColor P20000 supports accurate cut sheet media loading for 13” x 19” up to 64” wide. In addition, the SureColor P20000 supports straight-through poster board media up to 1.5mm thick from 17” to 64” wide. Border Free printing is also supported for a variety of media sizes.
- Internal Print Server: A secure, internal 320GB print server boosts workgroup productivity by quickly transferring print jobs to free-up workstations; adds print queue management, as well as print job save and reprint functionality.
- Optional True Adobe® Postscript® 3™ Hardware Engine: Optional Postscript engine available for $1199.95 enables direct and hot-folder batch printing and support for secure PDF printing; and is fully compatible with the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software suites.
- Optional Auto Take-up Reel System: User-installable and intended for unsupervised production of large print runs with roll-to-roll requirements; available for $1,295.
The Epson SureColor P20000 will be on display at the West Coast Art and Frame, Jan. 25-27, 2016 at the Paris Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas in Epson’s booth (#115).
Pricing, Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor P20000 will be available in March for an estimated $11,995 (MSRP) through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. The Epson SureColor P20000 offers a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty, a two-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone accessMonday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson Preferred Plus service plans are available that cover both the hardware and software for up to one additional year. For additional information, contact your local dealer or visit www.proimaging.epson.com.