The eight-color Epson UltraChrome HG2 pigment ink set utilized in the SureColor P400 includes Red and Orange inks for deeper reds, true-to-life colors, while dedicated channels for both Matte and Photo Black inks provide deep, rich blacks on matte, fine art and photo papers. Featuring enhanced AccuPhoto™ HD imaging technology and a unique Gloss Optimizer chemistry, the SureColor P400 creates consistent output with smooth gradations and exhibition-quality prints with a professional-lab look and feel.
“The SureColor P400 is an affordable, intuitive and versatile printing tool designed to inspire creativity and preserve memories through high-quality prints that will last for generations,” said Eddie Murphy, marketing specialist, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “The UltraChrome HG2 pigment ink technology and robust media handling capabilities enable photographic-quality output on canvas, fine art papers, 12”x12” scrapbook pages, and even panorama printing.”
Advanced media handling, including a front-in and front-out paper path, enables borderless photos with exceptional clarity and sharpness up to 13”x19” on a wide variety of glossy, matte and fine art papers, while improved roll paper support allows for breathtaking panoramas over 10 feet long for both Windows® and Mac® users. In addition, custom images can be created and printed directly onto canvas, art boards and CD/DVDs. The SureColor P400 also offers unparalleled connectivity options for its class, making it easy to print from a home office or studio via USB, Wireless n1, Wi-Fi Direct®, or Ethernet.
More about the Epson SureColor P400
The Epson SureColor P400 offers several innovative features to meet the needs of today’s creative individuals:
- Industry-leading pigment ink technology – UltraChrome HG2 pigment ink for colorful prints that are highly water, smudge and fade resistant
- Vibrant color – Red and Orange inks ensure true, deep reds and richer skin tones
- Auto-selecting Black inks – Optimal black density on matte, fine art or glossy papers from either Matte or Photo Black ink, delivered via dedicated channels
- Individual ink cartridges – Change cartridges less often with eight 14 mL individual ink cartridges that offer a more affordable cost per set2
- Advanced image processing – Smoother color transitions and outstanding highlight and shadow detail with AccuPhoto HG imaging technology
- Industry-proven eight-channel print head technology – MicroPiezo AMC one-inch-wide print head with a 1.5 pl minimum droplet size and ink-repelling coating for more accurate dot placement and reduced maintenance
- Flexible media handling – Prints cut-sheet and roll paper in sizes up to 13-inches wide including borderless; supports photographic and fine art paper, canvas, 1.3 mm thick board, and inkjet-printable CD/DVDs
- Professional connectivity – Hi-Speed USB 2.0, wireless 802.11n1 and 100 Mbit Ethernet support
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Epson SureColor P400 will be demonstrated for the first time in North America at PhotoPlus Expo (booth #707), taking place Oct. 22 –24 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City, and is available now through authorized resellers for $599 (MSRP). The printer is supported by a one-year whole-unit exchange limited warranty plan and specialized technical support staff. For additional information about the Epson SureColor P400, visit epson.com/P400.