For professional photographers and other creatives who require tabloid-size scanning or need to archive their work via slide and negative batch-scanning, Epson has introduced the Expression® 12000XL large-format color flatbed scanner in two models. The Expression 12000XL-PH is designed for photographers and film preservationists, while the Expression 12000XL-GA is designed for professional graphic artists, museums and forensic labs. Both units allow scanning up to 12.2 x 17.2 inches with 2400 x 4800 dpi resolution.
Among the features in the Expression 12000XL series:
• 3.8 Dmax for impressive clarity and detail
• ColorTrue II Imaging System II combines superior image processing, a fast warm-up LED lamp and Epson MatrixCCD® technology for enhanced colors and pinpoint registration
• Easy Photo Fix technology restores faded color photos, with automatic dust removal
• Scan multiple printed images at one time and save files to a desktop or laptop
• LaserSoft Imaging® SilverFast® Ai and IT8 Target software for color calibration
• Transparency unit that scans up to 48 frames of 25mm negatives, 30 slides, eight frames of 4x 5 transparencies or six media-format transparency strips up to 18 cm long (included with the 12000XL-PH; optional for the 12000XL-GA for $599.99)
Available now, the Expression 12000XL-GA is priced at $2,895 and the Expression 12000XL-PH, at $3,429.
See the full press release below:
Epson Debuts New Large-Format Scanner for Graphic Artists and Pro Photographers
Epson Expression 12000XL Delivers Superior Performance and High-Resolution Output
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Jan. 24, 2017 – Underscoring the company’s leading position in the photo scanning market, Epson America, Inc. today announced the Epson Expression® 12000XL large-format color flatbed scanner. The Expression 12000XL offers professional-quality, tabloid-size scanning with the latest imaging technology in two configurations – the Expression 12000XL-GA designed for professional graphic artists, museums, and forensic labs, and the Expression 12000XL-PH designed for photographers and film preservationists. Delivering large-format scanning up to 12.2″ x 17.2″ with 2400 x 4800 dpi resolution, these graphic arts and photo scanners are ideal for commercial art, scientific and engineering applications.
“The Expression 12000XL is the only 17” photo scanner available on the market offering advanced features such as a fast warm-up LED lamp, batch scanning capabilities, and high-resolution output for professional photographers and graphic artists alike,” said Mark Pickard, product manager, scanning, Epson America, Inc. “Expanding on Epson’s legacy in the photo scanner market, the Expression 12000XL scanner is designed to augment the workflows of today’s graphic artists, fine artists and photographers.”
The Expression 12000XL leverages exclusive ColorTrueTM II imaging system that combines superior processing, a fast warm-up LED lamp, and Epson MatrixCCD® technology for enhanced colors and pinpoint registration. It can scan an 8.5” x 11” color image as fast as 23 seconds at 300 dpi, and a 35mm slide as fast as 51 seconds at 2400 dpi. Leveraging Epson Easy Photo Fix® technology, the large-format scanner offers one-touch restoration for faded color photos, plus automatic dust removal and grain reduction. The Unique AutoFocus optics ensure optimal focusing on an original image, up to 6mm above the scanner glass, ideal for scanning 3D items and transparencies. Enhanced with new features, the 12000XL features a fast warm-up LED lamp for 30 percent less power consumption, a display Gamma of 2.2 and sRGB color space for improved image correction, as well as an overall improved scanner driver for faster and easier usability. Subject to terms and conditions, for more information, please visit https://epson.com/support.
Additional Epson Expression 12000XL Features Include:
• Professional Large-Format Scanning – accommodates reflective media up to 12.2” x 17.2”, plus slides, negatives and transparency strips for the Expression 12000XL-PH
• Extraordinary Image Quality – Up to 2400 x 4800 dpi resolution, Micro Step DriveTM technology and a 3.8 Dmax for brilliant clarity and detail
• Enhanced Color with ColorTrue II Imaging System – combines superior image processing, a fast warm-up LED lamp, and Epson MatrixCCD technology for bold, vibrant scans
• One-Touch Color Restoration – Epson’s exclusive Easy Photo Fix technology restores faded color photos in a snap and offers automatic dust removal
• Batch Scanning– increases productivity, scan multiple printed images at one time and save files to a PC or Mac®
• Powerful Software – includes LaserSoft Imaging® SilverFast® Ai and IT8 Target to calibrate colors
• Transparency Unit – scans up to 48 frames of 25mm negatives, 30 slides, eight frames of 4” x 5” transparencies or six media-format transparency strips up to 18 cm long; Included with Expression 12000XL-PH; optional for Expression 12000XL-GA for $599.99 MSRP
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Expression 12000XL-GA ($2,895 MSRP) and Expression 12000XL-PH ($3,429 MSRP) are now available for purchase through authorized Epson resellers, select retail locations, and on the Epson store (www.epsonstore.com). Both scanners come with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a one-year limited warranty. The Epson 1-Year High-End Business Scanner Service Plan ($525.95 MSRP) is available as a service extension option. Users can purchase up to four additional years per unit for up to five years of coverage.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 91 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts. Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
# # #
Note: Epson, Easy Photo Fix, Epson MatrixCCD and Expression are registered trademarks, Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. ColorTrue and Micro Step Drive are trademarks of Epson America, Inc. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2016 Epson America, Inc.