The new firmware system for Fujifilm X-Pro2 cameras improves the autofocus system, adds new power management functions and adds compatibility with the Fujifilm EF-X500 external flash. The company also released a new XF lens roadmap that includes the XF23mmF2 R WR semi-wide angle, the XF50mmF2 R WR compact mid-telephoto, and the XF80mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro mid-telephoto 1:1 macro. For more details check out the full press release below.
Valhalla, N.Y., July 7, 2016 – As a leader in advanced digital camera technology and outstanding image quality, FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced a new Firmware Update Version 2.0 for the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 that includes improvements to the autofocus system, compatibility with the new FUJIFILM EF-X500 flash, new power management options and a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.
Firmware Update V.2.0 Key Features:
- The new autofocus algorithm* (found in the new FUJIFILM X-T2) produces faster and more accurate autofocus.
* Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
- Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount FUJIFILM EF-X500 flash. The camera will now support high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.
- AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 second, 30 second, and 1 minute options, allowing more customizable power management.
- The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.
The new firmware will be available for download in October 2016.
Updated XF Lens Roadmap
Also announced is an updated roadmap for developing interchangeable lenses for the X Series line of mirrorless digital cameras. The latest roadmap adds three new lenses: the compact, lightweight and stylish semi-wide angle lens XF23mmF2 R WR, the compact mid-telephoto lens XF50mmF2 R WR and the mid-telephoto 1:1 macro lens XF80mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro. The expanded 25-lens lineup covers extensive angles of view from ultra-wide angle to ultra-telephoto, and will now expand the macro category to further enhance photographic versatility.
Changes from the previous roadmap released in February 2015
The XF120mmF2.8 R Macro lens, listed in the previous roadmap, has been replaced with the XF80mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR to meet the market demand for compact and lightweight lenses. To support our customers who were expecting a telephoto macro lens, this new lens is compatible with the existing teleconverters to extend its reach into the telephoto range.