Previously, Fujifilm shooters could use the Tether Shooting plug-in with the X-T1 camera. The new version updates it to allow for compatibility with the X-T2, which just released this past September.
Beyond adding X-T2 compatibility, the new version also adds a Control Panel display to allow users to quickly check imported images and preview them in live view mode while controlling the camera’s settings.
To access the plug-in, your X-T1 or X-T2 needs to be upgraded to the most recent firmware, 3.10 and 1.10, respectively.
If you don’t already have the plug-in, it will cost $79.
For more details check out the press release below.
PC tethered shooting support for FUJIFILM X-T1/X-T2
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of “Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” to enable tethered shooting of FUJIFILM X-T1(hereafter X-T1) and FUJIFILM X-T2(hereafter X-T2)* to a compatible computer.
“Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” is a tethering software plug-in that allows Lightroom users to connect X-T1 / X-T2 to a computer via USB cable for direct saving of captured images onto computer, and controlling the camera from the computer**.
“Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” will be available from Adobe Add-ons website*** for US$79. The launch of the Mac OS X / macOS Sierra version*4 is scheduled for release around the beginning of November 2016, and the Windows version*5 is scheduled for release around the beginning of December 2016. The detail launch schedule will be informed on this page.
(1) Featuring the “Camera Mode” and “PC Mode” to control shooting on camera or from computer
In Camera Mode, the camera is held in hand or set up on a stand. The images taken will be transferred directly and saved onto computer for use in Lightroom. Adjustment of exposure and other shooting settings as well as the shutter release is carried out on the camera. In PC Mode, users can check the viewfinder image of a remotely-setup camera in the LIVE VIEW window, operate the camera and adjust its settings on the computer screen. The user can also take images and have them transferred directly and saved onto a computer for use in Lightroom. Adjustment of exposure and other shooting settings and the shutter releases are carried out from the connected computer.
(2) Featuring the “Control Panel” to check captured image and to control camera
In addition to the features of “Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” (standard version)*6, “Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” has Control Panel which can check captured images and to control the camera. The Control Panel PREVIEW window allows users to check transferred images in quicker than before.
The Control Panel also allows users to check shooting angles with LIVE VIEW, to set shooting conditions from computer, to operate interval/bracketing shootings and to backup/restore all the camera settings*7.
* * X-T1 and X-T2 must be upgraded to the tethering-compatible firmware (X-T1: Ver. 3.10 or later, X-T2: Ver.1.10 or later). Internet connection is required for downloading compatible firmware.
* ** Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 or CC is required.
* *** https://creative.adobe.com/addons/
* *4 The compatible OS is same as that of Lightroom. To use on macOS Sierra, Lightroom should be upgraded to 6.7 or later / CC 2015.7 or later.
* *5 The compatible OS is same as that of Lightroom.
* *6 The current version (Ver.1.2) of “Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” (standard version) is compatible only with X-T1. X-T2 will be supported with upgraded version (Ver.1.3) or later.
* *7 Backup/restore is only compatible with X-T2.