Edge 50 Optic was originally released on October 21, 2015 in combination with the Composer Pro II lens body. Composer Pro II is an upgraded metal-bodied lens that swivels and tilts on a smooth metal ball and socket design, providing a fast and intuitive way to switch between traditional straight lens photos and tilt photography. Edge 50 Optic is designed to work with all Optic Swap System-compatible Lensbaby lenses in the Composer and Muse series. These lenses work on DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
Edge 50 Optic is a high-quality, 50mm f/3.2 optic that lets you control depth of field in-camera for an authentic, immersive shooting experience. Photographers can use Edge 50 to create images with a sharp slice of focus bordered by silky, smooth blur. Using selective focus, shooters can lead the viewers’ eyes on a unique journey through landscapes, close-ups, miniature effects, street photography and food photos.
“We created our Optic Swap System to provide unlimited creative effects through interchangeable optics,” said Craig Strong, Lensbaby Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer. “We’re happy to finally be able to provide our loyal fans who use and love their older Composer and Muse lenses with yet another creative visual tool in the Edge 50 Optic.”
Edge 50 Optic specs:
- For use with Lensbaby Optic Swap System lenses in the Composer and Muse series
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Aperture range: f/3.2 through f/22
- 9-blade internal aperture
- Flat field optic (creates a slice of sharp focus)
- Minimum focusing distance: 8” from the front of the lens
- Maximum focusing distance: Infinity
- Size/Weight: 2.125” (5.4 cm) high x 1.875” (4.76 cm) wide / 5.5 oz (155.9 g)
- 8 multi-coated glass elements in 6 groups
- 46mm filter threads
Edge 50 Optic retails for $224.95 and is available via pre-order beginning January 11, 2016 (shipping January 26th, 2016). Lensbaby products are available at lensbaby.com, B&H, Adorama, and from select specialty photo stores worldwide.