There’s a lot about these backpacks that would make them fit nicely in a REI. As mentioned they’re lightweight, coming in at only 1.5 pounds, but they also offer a contoured back panel with lumbar support, air-channel and a 420D & P600D nylon fabric.
What caught our eye though was the rear panel access. A solid bag with rear panel access keeps gear secure and, in our view, helps keep it a little more organized since you don’t have to dig through the front panel bag portion.
Beyond that, the backpack can fit a DSLR, compact DSLR or Mirrorless system, a 10-inch tablet and enough supplies for a day trek.
For more details check out the press release below.
SANTA ROSA, CALIF – One of the greatest challenges outdoor photographers face is how to carry their smaller, and yet still sophisticated and expensive camera gear in a backpack of sufficient quality to endure the rigors of the wilds. To meet their needs, MindShift Gear has released the SidePath, a lightweight outdoor photography backpack that features superior materials and construction.
The Sidepath’s contoured back panel with lumbar support, air-channel, lightweight harness, and adjustable sternum strap provide all day comfort. The backpack is constructed with P600D and 420D nylon, high quality YKK zippers, 420D high-density nylon with re-enforced stress points for long-lasting durability and strength.
At one-and-a half-pounds, the SidePath is a great grab-and-go bag that can be used for landscape, travel, a day out, or anything in between. Rear panel access keeps gear secure and the harness clean. A roomy zippered compartment fits a 10” tablet and all the supplies needed for a one-day adventure.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Soft-sided design looks like a daypack and not a bulky camera bag
- Integrated tripod/monopod/trekking pole mounting system on sides
- Two oversized stretch water bottle pockets
- Fits a DSLR, compact DSLR, and Mirrorless camera systems
- Adjustable dividers enable multiple camera case configurations
- Seam-sealed rain cover included for downpour conditions
- High quality YKK zippers, 420D high-density nylon with reinforced stress points for long lasting durability and strength
- Zippered interior pocket to organize small items
- Highly breathable three-layer shoulder straps for all day comfort
- Holds 1 large (un-gripped) Mirrorless body and 1-2 standard zoom lenses or primes
- Holds 1 compact DSLR (Rebel, 3300 or 5300 series) and 1-2 lenses
- Holds 1 DSLR (5DMIII or D750) with 1 standard zoom or 2 primes
- Fits up to a 10” tablet
- 8 liters of capacity for personal gear
- Maximum lens size: DSLR: 24-70mm f/2.8 attached to a D750 or 6D
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The backpack also has high-quality YKK® RC-zippers, 420D Velocity nylon, 600D poly, 320G UltraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 200D poly, high-density nylex, high-density closed-cell foam, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- External Dimensions: 6” W x 19” H x 5.9” D (26 x 47 x 15 cm)
- Camera Compartment: 9.1” W x 6.7” H x 5.5” D (24 x 15 x 14 cm)
- Tablet Slot: 8.3” W x 9.8” H x 0.6” D (22 x 25 x 2 cm)
- Total Volume: 14L
- Weight: 1.6 lbs (0.7 kg) (includes rain cover)