Datacolor is launched the new interation of their SPyder color calibration tools in the Datacolor Spyder5+. The software upgrade features a number of new features but there are three features of note. First is Automatic Room Light Switching, which means that the monitor profile automatically changes to suit shifting lighting conditions in a room.
Datacolor is introducing 1-click calibration which means that users can start calibration with a single click without having to re-select saved settings.
They’ve also added profile management tools that allow users to edit, remove, locate and activate different display profiles when they need them.
According to Datacolor, if you already have Spyder5Pro or Spyder5Express, you can upgrade for $99.99 and $159.99, respectively, for the Elite+ version. Those who upgrade will also receive Spyder Softproof and Enhanced StudioMatch. Both programs help with ensuring accurate colors on printers (Softproof) or between connected displays (StudioMatch).
For more details, check out the full press release below.
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Datacolor®, a global leader in color management solutions, today announced the release of Spyder®5+, the next generation software expertly designed to build upon its popular color calibration tools for photographers, designers, videographers and imaging professionals.
“Spyder5 is already an amazing tool for getting the best color out of your display. With the Spyder5+ upgrade, Datacolor has added several really nice features that are an absolute no-brainer for the price,” said David Cardinal, professional photographer and Datacolor Friend with Vision. “I’ve been using the new capabilities and am really pleased with how much time they’ve saved me, as well as the additional productivity they’ve provided.”
The software upgrade is now available for all existing and new Spyder5 customers, with the option to purchase Spyder5PRO+ or Spyder5ELITE+. Spyder5+ adds unique features to the Spyder5 calibration tools by enhancing users’ digital color workflow, including:
- Automatic Room Light Switching ensures users’ monitor profile changes as the room light conditions shift, with no user interaction required
- 1-Click Calibration streamlines a user’s workflow with a single click to start the calibration without having to re-select saved settings
- Profile Management Tool gives users the ability to edit, remove, rename, locate, and activate each display profile for ultimate control and flexibility
Users who purchase the Spyder5ELITE+ upgrade will have access to all of the above features, in addition to:
- Spyder SoftProof improves “Screen-to-Output” matching with a new workflow to simulate how photos will look on any printer or device – including home printers, online or retail printers, and certain mobile/tablet devices
- Enhanced StudioMatch verifies precise monitor matching and takes the guess work out of making all connected displays look the same – including a new visual verification step that assists you by fine tuning your results
“We’re very excited to add this upgrade to our Spyder5 product line. This new software offers unique tools to ensure color management across all devices, so our customers can remain confident in their decision to choose Datacolor for their color calibration needs,” said Stefan Zrenner, Director Global Sales & Marketing Imaging, Datacolor. “With a competitive set of features, Spyder5+ is the perfect tool for creatives that rely on consistency in their work.”
New and existing Spyder5 customers wishing to purchase the Spyder5+ software add-on can find out more and buy via the Datacolor website. Upon software purchase, customers will receive a software serial number and a step-by-step guide for easy download.