COPENHAGEN, March 17, 2016 – Phase One, the world’s leading medium format camera system provider, today released a major XF Camera System update. With new tools, hardware, and software solutions Phase One continues to help top photographers create incredible images. The Ultimate Camera System continues to improve.
Feature Update #2 includes the addition of two new ‘Blue Ring’ lenses, along with the release of Capture One Pro 9.1, an update to the software used by 8 out 10 of the world’s best photographers (see today’s related software announcement).
The Phase One XF Camera System stands out against all other camera systems in terms of its performance and philosophy. The XF Camera System offers unprecedented long-term value thanks to its emphasis on modular firmware implementation and integrated, modular hardware designs, all of which permit continual feature enhancements.
Phase One’s XF Camera System Update #2 introduces:
Integrated Sequence photography:
- Focus Stack Tool provides automated camera focus control throughout a sequence of captured images;
- Time-lapse Tool offers automated capture sequence at user set intervals;
- HDR Sequence Tool enables an automated bracketing sequence with unique metadata tags for Capture One integration;
- Self Timer Delay provides a quick and easy, fully customizable timer option from one half to sixty seconds.
Additional updates to the XF Camera System:
- HoneyBee Autofocus Platform update: Improvements have been made to increase accuracy in low light conditions, improve focus in various low contrast scenarios, and to provide improved hand held success;
- New OneTouch UI: Improved design and integration for intuitive, seamless operation on or off the XF Camera System;
Phase One Adds Two new members to its “Blue Ring” Lens family:
- New Schneider Kreuznach 110mm LS f/2.8; a technical masterpiece and an artistic vision. The 110mm offers a ‘normal’ focal length view in stunning technical precision.
- New Schneider Kreuznach 240mm LS f/4.5; the essential Telephoto lens. The 240mm is a must for any lens lineup, offering the definitive telephoto look for any shot.
The new lenses feature a metal focusing ring and AF/MF selector ring of precision milled aluminum, as well as a metal lens hood with anti-skid rubber edging. The lenses are manufactured to Phase One’s highest standards, including improved quality assurance measures and tighter tolerances for better, more reliable lens performance.
Phase One Releases Capture One 9.1 with improved XF camera system integration
Capture One 9 continues to grow alongside the XF Camera System. The new tools available within the XF are well integrated to Capture One 9.1, providing excellent workflow advantages with proprietary image sequence tags. For all the details, please see today’s related press release, “Phase One Releases Capture One Pro 9.1”
Availability and Pricing
Firmware for the XF Camera System Feature Update #2 is free and available for download here: www.phaseone.com/Download/Camera-Firmware
New Schneider Kreuznach leaf shutter lenses are available through Phase One photography partners worldwide:
Prices for Schneider Kreuznach 110mm LS f/2.8 – $5,390 USD
Prices for Schneider Kreuznach 240mm LS f/4.5 IF – $6,490 USD
Optimized for use with the XF Camera System, Capture One is free when used with Phase One hardware. Capture One 9.1. is free for all current owners of Capture One 9. Owners of Capture One 7 and 8 can upgrade to Capture One 9.1 for 99 USD.