San Luis Obispo, California, February 23, 2015 – Really Right Stuff is excited to announce the VRA-15, Video Rod Adapter. The VRA-15 is the perfect solution for Arca-style plate users who need to add industry standard 15mm rod accessories to their video rig. While other 15mm rod systems will require you to forgo your quick-release system, the VRA-15 incorporates our patented Quick Release lever-style clamp for the ultimate in convenience and stability. The QR-clamp accepts all Really Right Stuff plates and rails, and will also accept Arca-style plates from most other manufacturers. The ability to rotate the clamp without tools (using the folding wing screw) makes changing the direction of the clamp fast and easy and keeps the clamp jaw in perfect parallel or perpendicular alignment with the rod axis. The VRA-15 is also compatible with “tripod plates” that come with most fluid heads.
- Industry-standard 15mm rod clamps spaced at 60mm
- Arca-Swiss compatible lever-release clamp with tool-free rotation every 90-degrees
- Lever clamp with laser engraved scale in 1mm increments
- Wing screw allows tool-free 360 degree rotation of QR-clamp
- Has 2 iris or video rod lock levers with adjustable tension
- Optional spacer plates to adjust camera height (purchased separately, fits up to 3)
- Removable/adjustable mounting rail with laser engraving every 1mm
- (2) 3/8″-16 threaded mounting sockets
- (5) 1/4″-20 threaded mounting sockets
- Base weight of adapter: 15.5 oz / 440g
- Weight of bottom plate and screw: 3.9 oz / 110g
- Bottom plate travel range: 4.3″ / 110mm
- Height from rod center to clamp surface: 0.86″ / 21.8mm
- Rod spacing: 2.36″ / 60mm
For more information, visit www.reallyrightstuff.com.