We count Think Tank Photo bags and backpacks among some of our favorites, and the company has just introduced a new series, the Spectral Shoulder Bags. The budget-friendly line is designed to let photographers maintain a low profile while also protecting gear from thieves and weather. There are three bags in the series—the Spectral 8, Spectral 10 and Spectral 15.
- The Spectral 8 ($99.75) holds a standard-sized DSLR with a wide or short zoom, a 24-70mm ƒ/2.8 lens detached, plus one to two small lenses and an eight-inch tablet, or a mirrorless kit with three to four lenses, including a 50-140mm lens.
- The Spectral 10 ($119.75) accommodates a standard-sized DSLR with a 24-70mm lens attached, a 70-200mm lens detached, plus one to three extra lenses and a 10” tablet.
- The Spectral 15 ($139.75) holds a standard-sized DSLR with a 24-70mm lens attached, a 70-200mm lens detached, plus two to four extra lenses, a flash, a 10” tablet and a 15” laptop.
Like all Think Tank bags, the Spectral line marries durable construction with good looks. The bags feature a magnetic Fidlock clasp that allows photographers to access gear quietly with just one hand, then locks automatically when closing. Other specs include tripod attachment points and straps, a padded non-slip shoulder strap, a customizable closed-cell foam divider layout and a seam-sealed rain cover. The bags’ fabric exterior is treated with a durable water-resistant coating, and the fabric underside is coated with polyurethane for water-resistance.
The Spectral 8 has exterior dimensions measuring 11” W x 8.3” H x 6.1” D and weighs 1.7 pounds empty; the Spectral 10, 13.8” W x 10” H x 6.1” D and weighing 2.2 pounds, and the Spectral 15, 16.1” W x 12.6” H x 6.3” D and weighing 2.5 pounds.
Visit the Think Tank Photo website for more info.
See the press release below:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Think Tank Photo’s New Spectral Shoulder Bags Feature One-Handed Gear Access and Increased Protection from Theft and the Elements
Santa Rosa, Calif. – With Think Tank Photo’s new Spectral shoulder bags, photographers can remain inconspicuous while shooting, knowing their valuable cameras and lenses are safer from theft and the elements. A magnetic Fidlock clasp enables quiet, one-handed access to gear — and then locks automatically when closing the flap. An additional zippered closure gives peace of mind while traveling and can be tucked away when actively shooting. Constructed with durable yet stylish materials, the Spectral Shoulder Bag offers Think Tank quality and ingenuity at a reasonable price.
The Spectral 8 fits one standard size DSLR body with a wide or short zoom, a 24–70mm f/2.8 detached, plus one to two small extra lens, and an eight-inch tablet. Or, it fits a Mirrorless kit with three to four lenses, including the 50–140mm. The Spectral 10 fits one standard size DSLR body with 24–70mm attached, a 70–200mm detached, one to three extra lenses, and a 10” tablet. The Spectral 15 fits one standard size DSLR body with 24–70mm attached, a 70–200mm detached, two to four extra lenses, flash, a 10” tablet, and a 15” laptop.
“For pro and serious amateur photographers who want to upgrade their camera bodies and lenses, selecting an appropriate shoulder bag is not a light decision. While they may be taking their first forays into professional-level glass, they also are monitoring their funds,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s CEO and lead designer. “We designed the Spectral series with them in mind. It integrates our history of innovation and dedication to sourcing the highest quality materials, while being sensitive to a photographer’s budget.”
KEY ADDITIONAL FEATURES
- 15” Laptop compartment (Spectral 15 only)
- Tablet pocket (Spectral 8: 8”, Spectral 10 & 15: 10”)
- Phone pocket sized for today’s large phones
- Tripod attachment points and straps
- Highest quality materials (metal hardware, YKK RC Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon) and the highest quality construction
- Luggage handle pass-through
- Comfortably padded non-slip shoulder strap for all day comfort
- Customizable divider layout with dividers for stacking short lenses
- Internal pockets to hold batteries, card wallets and other accessories
- Water bottle pocket
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
Exterior: All fabric exterior treated with durable water resistant coating while fabric underside is coated with polyurethane for superior water resistance. The bag also has YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, 420D velocity nylon, double PU coated P600D, heavy-duty nylon tarpaulin, UltraMesh pockets, antique plated metal hardware, Fidlock® mangetic buckle, 350G 3D air mesh, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
Interior: PE board reinforced removable closed cell foam dividers, 200D liner, PU backed nylex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Internal Dimensions: 10.2” W x 7.5” H x 4.9” D (26 x 19 x 12.5 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 11” W x 8.3” H x 6.1” D (28 x 21.2 x 15.5 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 8.3” W x 5.5” H x 0.6” D (21 x 14 x 1.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.7 lbs (0.8 kg)
- Internal Dimensions: 13” W x 9.1” H x 4.9” D (33 x 23 x 12.5 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 13.8” W x 10” H x 6.1” D (35 x 25.5 x 15.5 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 10.4” W x 7.6” H x 0.6” D (26.5 x 19.2 x 1.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.2 lbs (1.1 kg)
- Internal Dimensions: 15.3” W x 9.8” H x 5.1” D (39 x 25 x 13 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 16.1” W x 12.6” H x 6.3” D (41 x 32 x 16 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 12.6” W x 7.6” H x 0.8” D (32 x 19.2 x 2 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 14.1” W x 9.6” H x 1” D (36 x 24.5 x 2.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.2 kg)
# # #
ABOUT THINK TANK PHOTO
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.